As with any healthy diet, the HCG diet requires the user to follow strict protocol and limits the foods and the amounts of these foods that can be eaten. Obviously, unless you are a great chef in your own kitchen with knowledge of spices and the variety of cooking methods, you are left with the same boring meals throughout your journey. Not to mention that time in the kitchen is doubled when you have to make a separate meal for your family because they don’t want yours! This can get old quickly and defeat your goals. The following are just a few quick recipes created by HCG dieters that both you and your family can enjoy and hopefully will help you to get you imagination going.
Chicken or Steak Fajitas – Makes 2 servings
- 200 g (100 g = 3.5 oz.) chicken or beef, sliced in strips
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- Cloves garlic
- Taco/Mexican seasoning
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Add broth, onion and pepper to a non-stick skillet and begin cooking on medium heat. When they start to wilt slightly, add salt and pepper.
- After cooking about 5 – 7 minutes, add chicken or beef strips and garlic. Cook 5 minutes more or until the meat is almost cooked through.
- Add Taco/Mexican seasoning. Cook until liquid is almost gone. Add salt and pepper as needed.
Homemade Taco/Mexican seasoning mix – 1 ½ tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp smoky paprika (or regular paprika)
Rosemary Fish & Lemon Garlic Chard
- 3.5 oz. Halibut or Tilapia
- Italian Herb Seasoning
- 1 tsp Rosemary grinded
- 1 tsp Ground pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 slices of Fresh Lemon juice
- 2 cups Broccoli
- 1 tsp Garlic salt
Sprinkle both sides of the fish with spices. Place fish on a nonstick frying pan with 1/3 cup of and lemon juice (from the 2 lemon slices). Place a lid on the pan to keep the within the pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
Healthy eating does not need to be boring. Be creative, within the HCG diet protocol. Try new spices. Try new recipes. It is a good change for both you and your family.